Friday 30 May 2014

Logo Design (Typeface)

My emulation was not as great as I wanted because of the sans serif typeface. I decided to improve this by creating my own script type. 

I used pinterest to look at chunky script typefaces as will as other band logos


Follow Joey Mcaleese's board Typeface on Pinterest.


I first Brainstormed different brush strokes within letters.

 I then neatly inked out every letter in lower case and capitals. I did the typeface twice so I could choose the best.



Once I scanned in typeface, I altered the threshold and removed the white. This allowed me to easily move the letters into a new document.

I then placed both my capitals and lower case into one document so that it was more appealing. I grouped them into rows so that the document could edited and be moved.

This is my final piece. I like this due to the contrasting line size caused by the brush. It could be developed further by maybe trying out vectoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment