Monday 26 May 2014

Developing Screen Prints

I first had to coat the screens with a light sensitive emulsion. I then placed the screens in a light-tight box so that the emulsion could dry over night.

Whilst the emulsion was drying I printed my three screen designs onto astatate. This is so that when I expose the screens the light won't pass through the emulsion where the astatate is black, keeping the emulsion water soluble. I then attached these to the screen once the emulsion had dried.



I then placed them in the UV light for 20 minutes.   

                 
After the screens where exposed, I then removed the stated and scrubbed the screen so that my design would come through. This is due to the water soluble emulsion not hardened by the UV light. 



After this I dried the screens and placed tape around the areas which I did not want ink to go through.



No comments:

Post a Comment