Monday 26 May 2014

Designing Screen Print

From one of my scamps ideas I then drew separate parts of my album. This allowed me to experiment on how I want the album to bee seen. I then copied my favourites and developed them until I was happy to ink.

I then inked over the images to create a new page of images.

 Here is my finished ink page that I scanned into photoshop.

I first created a draft of the elements on the page into my layout which I had created earlier for my scamps.

Once I had decided on my layout I then added colour. I did this by adjusting the colour on the scan. I chose a complementary colour scheme as I needed three screens, which are an orange, blue and black layer.

After this I noticed a problem, the orange on the fish tale is that it is above the blue layer which would not be possible in a screen print. I then had to re evaluate colours and see if I could add transparency or the design.


 I then decided to have an orange tale with blue scales. Although this would work on my screen print I felt it seemed messy so thought about oval shaped scales. I also felt like there was to much white space.

I added the scales this really helped with the design. To combat the white space I added strips and dots by creating a pattern in photoshop.

I then created 3 seperate images for each screen in my print.

Black
 Blue

Orange


No comments:

Post a Comment