Saturday 31 May 2014

Adam Turman Emulation

 After copying a piece of Turman's work I decided to create my own piece for an album cover. I chose an image of a baby through references of lyrics within indie songs as well as babies on album cover such as Nirvana.

I did some drawings before I started my piece.

I first copied an image I found on the internet and emphasized it's features. I then inked the image and moved the inked picture around to change the framing.

I experimented with the t-shirt so that it would have a similar style to Turman with the contrasting black and white.


Once I scanned in my work, I adjusted the threshold so that there were just light and dark area.

I then separated the image into to layers so that I could adjust them individually

I then placed them into a new documents and adjusted the size and space of the images

I then used then used the pen tool to select around the baby where I wanted to colour.

I looked at a range of colours. I liked the lime green colour due to the contrasts and warm colour.


No comments:

Post a Comment